About Our Team
The University of Tampa began participating in the Gasparilla parade in the mid-1990's. In order to preserve a long running presence in the parade, Tampa Alpha, the local chapter of the university's national Alumni association, assumed the responsibility from the university in 2001.
We've had tremendous success since then. The Gaspariilla parade organizer, Ye Mystic Krewe of Gasparilla, has awarded our float four first place awards for associations. Over the years, hundreds of students, alumni, staff and corporate sponsors have joined us for a day of fun and networking.
In 2014, a group of Sigma Alpha Epsilon brothers formed the Royal Krewe of Sparta Corporation to purchase the float from the UT Alumni Association and is committed to keeping the tradition alive while improving the experience for all involved.Our Mission
The Royal Krewe of Sparta's mission is threefold:
1. To raise friends and foster friendships among University of Tampa supporters.
2. To raise funds to permanently endow a scholarship for University of Tampa
3. To provide a fun, safe, entertaining platform for float riders and their guests.Gasparilla Float Fees and Benefits
We are accepting requests to reserve spots on the UT/Royal Krewe of Sparta float for the 2020 Gasparilla Pirate Parade. There are two options. One is to Ride the Float and the other is to Walk the Parade route
- Walk the Parade: $350 per person
- Ride the Float: $400 per person
1. One ticket to Ride the Float or to Walk the Parade next to the float. Beads are provided and can be thrown and
handed out. Walkers are welcome to use the facilities and enjoy food and beverages aboard the float.
2. The float is equipped with a bathroom and kicking stereo system.
3. Friday Night Cocktail Party. Join us for pre-invasion cocktails, light food, live music and camaraderie with fellow
alumni from 6 - 10 pm.
4. Saturday Pre-Parade UT Brunch. in front of Plant Hall from 10 am - 12 pm with free parking on campus.
5. Lunch from Alessi's Bakery will be served with kegs, soft drinks and water on board the float.
6. Bus transportation to the float from UT. The parade ends on the north side of the University and we walk back
7. Toga or Spartan costumes are encouraged. Pirate costumes are NOT permitted. Check our Gallery for more info.
8. A $100 transferable but non-refundable deposit is required to reserve a spot.Contact Us for more information